FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $100

CANDLE CARE

 

YOUR FIRST TIME-

  • The first time you burn your candle, it's very important to keep it lit until the whole surface is liquid wax, and ideally for 2-3 hours. Wax has a 'memory', which means that each time you light your candle after this the wax won't ‘tunnel’ i.e leave wax around the edges/burn unevenly. We recommend that after the first burn you should try to keep your candle lit for a minimum of 1.5 to 2 hours and never more than 4 hours. 
  • Be sure to trim your wood wick between burns. For the longevity of your candle, you do not want a long wick and uneven flame. 
  • Light your candle in a well ventilated area, but where draughts and wind won’t disturb the flame. This will keep your flame nice and stable, allowing it to burn correctly and stop any smoking. 

 

DO NOT FORGET-

  • Please do not leave your candles unattended, and placed away from drafts, children and pets. Candles should always be placed on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface. Our tin candles can be hot after use so be careful when grabbing the vessel.
  • Do eat any of our products. 
  • If soot forms on the inside of the jar, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.